Am I a Candidate?
Bariatric Surgery Requirements
Body Mass Index, also known as BMI, is a formula based on your height and weight which determines your weight classification. It is one of a number of bariatric surgery requirements that will help determine whether you qualify for weight-loss surgery. Use our BMI calculator to get started.
Calculate Your BMI
Calculate your BMI score using the calculator below.
You may be a candidate if:
- If your BMI is between 35 and 39.9 _and_ you have severe obesity-related medical conditions
- If your BMI is 40 or greater, with or without obesity related medical conditions
Other Factors to Know
While scheduling a consultation is the only way to determine whether you are a candidate for weight-loss surgery, this checklist will help you get started:
- BMI greater or equal to 40 or more than 100 pounds overweight
- BMI equal to or greater than 35 with obesity related conditions, including Type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and sleep apnea
- Inability to achieve a healthy, sustained weight loss for a period of time with conventional, non-surgical methods
Call 940-539-9105 to learn more about our bariatric surgery requirements, or schedule your consultation online to get started on your weight loss journey.